Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gratiot County Barely Beracy Cabin Escape!

Took the girls for a little weekend escape to Ashley.......Thanks to the generous spirit of the Beracy family for allowing me and my girls to enjoy their beautiful cabin and nature park!

Check out the hand hewn logs on this beauty!


One of the highlights of the weekend for the girls was the completion of a WILLY WONKA Gingerbread house kit.....They ate about 1/4 the ingredients prior to completion but that is part of the fun...


The GRATIOT COUNTY LUMBERJACK competition!

Some quiet time with "Grandma B".....gumdrops, candy canes, and sweet stories of soft reindeer...

Visiting KB's horse barn..

A little tour of inside....(did they say Prime Time???)

This part of the post is very serious. I was very moved to have the opportunity to be introduced to a woman I never knew....I was heavily overtaken by emotion as a good friend, Sheriff B, took me on a quiet walk into a cozy stand of pines and showed me the memorial he built to his wife who is now with the Lord. "She was a good woman, Jitters......" Rest in peace precious soul.....The time put into the beautiful white oak cross only glimpses the deep adoration and memories I saw in this man's eyes as he told of her...

2 comments:

DJ Alexander said...

What a beautiful place! WOW. I appreciate the craftsmanship. Is the barn on the property? I did not know the Beracy's have horses. Very cool.

you know jitters that you (and your family) are welcome at the fish house any time.

Anonymous said...

What a great time with the girls in that beautiful cabin! Cracks me up on the video clip when you said "You girls didn't put any of this stuff away, did ya" and they matter-of-factly said "nope". Too funny. I am sure they had other things on their mind than putting stuff away. Too cute.

Kinda crazy...but the video clip of the girls feeding the horses brought back some fond memories for me. I use to go to my Uncle Jacks house when I was a young gal and feed his horses. I thought I was helping him when in reality I was probably just in the way. However, he never told me that nor made me feel that way. Many great memories. He was like a dad to me. He went to be with the Lord 5 years ago. I miss him greatly. Thanks for your blog. It is a big deal. #10.