Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Neighbors, No Fences.

I'm basking in a couple days off! I went out today and took the ol' tank snowblower through the deep thick drifts.....I noticed a good friend cleaning out his driveway as well.


The old saying "Good fences make good neighbors" doesn't hold water down here where I live....This post is the first formal introduction to that neighbor I've spoke of many times. The Farmer!

Almostgunlaker fans, I introduce you to another part of my life that I treasure. This old man toils each day starting early to maintain his farm. Today I want you to step back in time and see his tractor. The soft thump thump thump of his tractor working away can be heard well in my house and I always have to grin when that familiar sound fills my ears. You will notice that most of what is on the piece of time is homemade. Here he is plowing his driveway!


I have long discussions with this man about his views on life, how much he hates watching his country get run down, and I observe his undying steadfast drive each day to keep on keepin' on! As far as I'm concerned we don't need fences down here! I will be following up this spring with a post with an in depth look into his beautiful farm for you all to enjoy....

Here's a salute to you Farmer Ed (even though I tried to explain what the internet was and you told me it was "a bunch of hogwash!")

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE a man on a tractor...tell Ed he's going to be my new screen saver!!! Tractor pics make my day :)