Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Homeade Pizza's and Baby Boys

Ok, even though we haven't reached the anniversary date yet, I have something I need to get off my chest.....No holdin' back....


As I snowblowed today I had to stop and laugh at a sign I saw hanging on the anal neighbors house.....Do you remember the post about him and how organized his life was? Type in "Dandelions, Dishwashers, and Dissapointing My Neighbors" in the "search blog" box up above for further understanding. I stopped in full stride behind the old snowblower and had to shut if off as I looked in wonder at this sign.



I could not believe what I saw. Have you ever noticed that for some people, everything goes right? I'm talking about the people that have a 5500 square foot house, earn outrageous money, their wife looks like she just stepped out of the Victoria's Secret Catalog, they have every toy imaginable, and they are always smiling?



The sign said, "Its a Boy!"



Big deal you say, right? I must tell you of the severe longing I had inside me as each one of my children were born. That longing was to have a son. My own son. My little buddy for hunting, fishing, guy talk, working on cars. You know, A SON. I must tell you how miffed I was as each of my four children were girls. Now before you start cursing me, I will tell you that I recognize the selfishness and self pity I endulged in about this issue. I have harbored much anger and frustration over the fact that somehow it was not in God's plan for me to have a son. I have been involved in some pretty frank conversations with Him about this issue and wonder if my candacy was insubordinate.



On the flip side, I am so happy that God has blessed me with four beautiful healthy girls. They are all healthy. How can I complain? I love them so much.....



To continue this temper tantrum I get so frustrated when I go into a home and see a boy who has no idea who his father is. I have boldly screamed at God on many occasions about the fact I feel slighted and don't understand how He could hold back this longing I have.



Beyond my personal inner desire, an important issue is at stake: MY FAMILY'S NAME! As of today's date, the Team T name is dead. D-E-A-D. My father had three brothers and four sisters. That is 8 kids including him. One of his brothers passed away in a car accident many years ago. This left my dad and two brothers. Neither of my two uncles had boys which carried on the Team T name. My dad had my brother and I. As to date, (and unless a miracle occurs) the entire family name rests on my brother. He has yet to marry. (That's a lot of pressure). What an honor to be able to pass on the family name. I failed in this regards.



I have worked long past this issue and although it still frustrates me I embrace and love each one of my beautiful girls. I thank God for blessing me with them. And I stand unable to question why he blesses so many worthless and uncaring people with sons.



Most of all, I can only imagine the pain in watching His own Son be crucified.





Man..............................I was going to try and elaborate about the pizza I made tonight.....But after letting all that out, I will just show you the picture. It was a good pizza.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

where in the "hill" are those U.P. photos....you promised you would have them up....otherwise, just give me the photos you have...I just want to see them!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was amazingly and touchingly honest. There are very few people I know that would bare that part of their soul, knowing that others may chastise them for even thinking it, never mind saying such a thing. I appreciate your honesty and candor, it is truly refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah for sure someone is going have something negative to say about this post.

I can only imagine how you must be feeling, all I can say is I have a 10 year old that thinks your like the funniest thing EVER..I'll let you borrow him, so you can have all the fun with no responsibilities! DEAL OR NO DEAL??

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your pain.
Philip Yancy wrote some very good books:
Dissapointment with God
Where is God when it Hurts
Both good reads.

Anonymous said...

Hey, its the 21st century, maybe your girls will decide to keep their/your last name.

Anonymous said...

That's right, be happy your children are healthy, regardless of their gender.

I enjoy reading your blog.

Mona