Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Buckets of U Scan!

I don't know what it is or why this occurs, but everytime I bypass the personal checkout line, and go to the U SCAN CHECKOUT, I encounter the same group of PEOPLE.







You know the frustration and buckets of anger I experience as you too have been in this same position. It is amazing that EACH and EVERY time I go to the U Scan checkout I get behind the same person. It is mathematically disproportionate to the number of human beings and the group I encounter systematically. These are the people who appear to never once in their life to have encountered the U SCAN. They fumble with each and every of their 12 items and have no earthly idea where the bar code may be. I often clinch my teeth in disgust as I watch them wander to the clerk who monitors the 4 lanes and act as though it is some great mystery. Only recently did I personally walk up, give a brief greeting with a fake smile, and scan their items for them. The 35 something man looked at me and said, "thanks!."







Little did he know that there was only one option for him instead of me taking on the task.<---------see picture to left.































So, are the U SCAN lanes faster? Only when I am thrusting my purchases through at breakneck speed. Or if it is 4 in the morning, and the only people in the store are those stealing liquor. And trust me, from watching them, they don't use the U SCAN lanes!



I think the lanes should be called "RETARDED ADULT HUMAN BEING-LET'S TRY TO BE A CHECKOUT OPERATOR FOR 55 MINUTES".

3 comments:

AmyO said...

OMG! I'm crying because I think of this very thing every time I go to Meijers. I have a knack for picking the wrong lane everytime - the trainee, the person knows the checkout clerk and they have to "catch up", the coupon clipper with her 20 comparison ads, the old people, the people with screaming kids...(wait, that's me)...but I could go on and on!

Knight Rider said...

I am going to be using ur buckets of anger pic in my blog if thats okay....lol

HomemakerAng said...

i think i might be that coupon clipper :)