Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Friday, April 06, 2007

Salute! Yet another Country Music Legend!

Man, where do I start with this country legend? He has pumped out so many classics that touch my soul, I can only begin to give you a glimpse of pure genius!


Here is one of his best:


You know, some call me a poet

"He has a way with words" they say.

Well, why then, when I try to tell you the way I feel,

Do all the words just slip away?
Or they come out sounding like the dialogue from a Clark Gable movie

"Well frankly my dear".

Damn.

I just have so much inside,

I want you to know about

And it all means thatI love you.


So what can I say.

You bring a tear to the poet's eye

and you are the rhyme I could not write

And you are love, when the words slip away.
I love you, what can I say?


You see sometimes, words just aren't enough

What is the word for that funny little shaky feeling inside?

That numb, warm wonderful confusion when you touch me?

A poet? No. I'm not a poet.


But if I were,

and I had every word in the world at my command

My poem would still be.......
I love you.
What can I say?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't say who this is?

GRPOA said...

Sorry, I failed to mention this is the one and only Jerry Reed!

Anonymous said...

Any guy who can write the theme song from Smokey and the Bandit can't be too bad...