Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Sunday, April 08, 2007

Salmon Eggs, Egg Free Easter Eggs, and Fat Man's!


I spent a glorious day at my parent's house today eating a luscious course that my mother prepared....Her cooking is only rivaled by a meal or two I have had at 5 star restaurants....Amway to name one....Thanks mom!



I then ventured in the rusty reliable Commanche Commander to the Grand River to land a Steelhead......The ol' bitch swallowed up $23 worth of tackle as I snagged the bottom time after time.....A good friend, JP, joined me for some tackle loss......




What an adventure!


It was only after several hours of hand numbing cold that JP and I gathered around my portable heater to toss down a couple of beers and speak of our fishing experiences....You know, there is nothing better, and I do mean NOTHING, than to stand next to another person who's passion for life and fishing as they tell of story upon story of their experiences......What a great time! Funny how the best spur of the trip was when we weren't fishing and instead volleying all of our quips of enjoyment and wisdom from times past.


As I lumbered home I made one last call for the night....To FAT MAN'S FISH FRY! ONE lb of fresh smelt, one lb of french fries, and a 1/2 pound of coleslaw! I may not have scored on the River Grande but I did put down some delicious fish! Here is the Fat Man's beacon in case you too get lost on the seas without a catch:


I must remark at the intelligence and thinking my oldest daughter put into Easter morning. My youngest daughter has been afflicted with a distinct allergy to "eggs" and any byproduct of the sort......So, for this Easter, my oldest was on top of it and told the Easter Bunny that "no eggs were allowed" in her Easter basket.....Here is the note:


Happy Easter everybody! Remember that the true reason of Easter is that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and then conquered death by raising from the dead! His sacrifice is our gain! (You can ask me how his sacrifice helps you and I would be glad to explain!)







y9in

1 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

waiting for trout pics!!!!!