Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tenacity

I report to you this evening that I have learned only one thing from life to this day. 32 years have taught me this:


Only one thing within our control leads to success(other mitigating factors in life aside): tenacious-unfailing-repetitive-perseverance.


After struggling 21 hours trolling fishless over a period of 4 days, success has come!


Today, while trolling on beautiful Lake Michigan, I caught this 29.5" 6lb 5oz Brown Trout!


And how beautiful it was to eat! Fresh grilled herb encrusted Trout with asparagus, homemade bread, and white wine....


Set your sights, and pursue with tenacity!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to check your fish identification manual for the correct species of that non native Great Lakes catch. It's all about tenacity.

Bosco

Anonymous said...

Nice STEALHEAD....And ill bet there was some sperm being it was a male........

Bro Jeremy

Anonymous said...

How did your STEALHEAD taste.....

Anonymous said...

Heres a picture of a brown trout www.michigansportfishing.com/brown_trout_seminar.htm

Anonymous said...

heres a STEELHEAD http://www.flyfishsteelhead.com/images/pics/steelhead7.jpg

GRPOA said...

The first four comments are all my brothers.

And to the sneaky commenter, nice try attempting to camoflauge one comment as Bosco's. He doesn't know how to use the computer and only knows the difference between a carp and a bluegill.

After careful review of the fish guide, it's clear that I was wrong, the fish is definitely a Pink Salmon.

HomemakerAng said...

I can just be happy you caught a beautiful fish whatever it may be!

Anonymous said...

What ever kind of fish it is, it is a beauty.
Love the picture so close to Big Red Lighthouse too.

GRPOA said...

I would like to thank all the phone calls, letters, postcards, and comments. Its a Steelhead. And it was delicious....

Going to try another 1/2 fillet (they are huge) on the grill covered in brown sugar...

Jitters