Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Monday, September 24, 2007

Let the Harvest Slaughter Begin!

My Niece kicked off the other part of the Harvest season this past weekend on the Michigan Youth Hunt!




Just her keen skills and a 243 rifle dropped this Kent County Monster Buck!










Great Work! That is two years in a row that a fourteen year old has out done me during hunting season!










As I sat and talked to her and her dad about the kill, I looked up and noticed a beautiful fall moon last night and decided it was favorable for a rondezvous with one of my obsessions, WALLEYE BONANZA! I trolled around with some wheat/barley and snacks in the beautiful fall moonlight and peace of the wind on Gun Lake.


Here's a 24 inch 4lb GUN LAKE MONSTER I reeled in last night at about 11pm!


I just had to take a photo of this beautiful skin......I love it!


Notice the lack of waste on these beautiful fish!

3 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

she is 13 only right now :)

HomemakerAng said...

and i should add, GREAT CATCH! looks delish

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that about me!

Love
Dottie
P.S. Great catch! Looks like a whopper :) :) :)