Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Saturday, November 03, 2007

Grandpa Team T Strikes Again!

After he has completed 30 plus years of bowhunting, my Dad phoned me today with what would begin two days of drama looking for a deer which he stated was "a monster".

Over the course of two days, I toiled through his frustration and longing to find the monster he so wanted to harvest. I finally received the call! And it started just like this:



After well over 40 man hours of tracking including that of a professional tracking dog, a buck of a lifetime for my Dad finally came true. He has one other on the wall he shot with a rifle that is bigger but this is by far his biggest ever bow buck! Preliminary guess scoring shows it to be in the 120-130 class in scoring. My dad and I laughed however as we both scored it as "priceless" because of all the great adventure, teamwork, and shared satisfaction this Maple City Monster brought into our lives! What a great blessing from the Lord! Way to go Dad!!!!!!

I would ask how many of you have ran into a bowhunter recently who is in their 60's and hunts this hard!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Grandpa! what a beautiful buck.........
dottie*

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful Photo of you and your dad...Priceless..

Hi From the Crabs.. yep were still readin'