Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Friday, November 02, 2007

2nd Grade Humiliation: CONTINUED!

As I pushed the button to listen to the messages on the voicemail, my heart sank, "Mr and Mrs
Team T, this is the principal of your daughter's school. I am calling and need to speak with you. I will call you first thing in the morning."



I immediately called the two oldest together and began my systematic kind interogation. "You need to tell dad now what happened today at school because I do not want to hear it for the first time tomorrow when your principal calls." After several minutes and no intel gathered, I became frustrated and directed the investigation toward my wife. My questioning was abruptly halted by her unwillingness to submit for the investigation. I stormed off in frustration.







Could my kids be in trouble? What did they do? Am I going to have to pull up the family stakes and move to a new school district? My mind raced with plausible errors they may have made and almost felt as though I was in trouble as much as they were. The worst part of the whole thing: I had to wait until morning to find out what was going on.







I formulated a plan and ordered Mrs. Team T to respond to the school first thing in the morning to investigate. I gave instructions that I was to be waken from my third shift screwball sleep and given gut hell by whatever was occuring.







Mrs. Team T relunctantly agreed to go and investigate the matter first thing in the morning. Here is what she found as she pulled into the school lot:





Yeah, talk about eating crow. How about eating some 2nd grade art paste, because thats what I'm getting served for supper! My oldest, Chloe, is the art student of the month picked from a panel of teachers for the school.....





The unveiling ceremony.........





The display........





The art she created after being read a story about the twilight glow imparted on a barn, silo, and large oak tree of a farm.......












I couldn't be more proud!


3 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

she is so beautiful... The picture is amazing, she really has the gift of art, look out world!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks like an adult painted that... beautiful work Chloey!!!


much love,
Dottie

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!