Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Monday, December 31, 2007

Right in Front of our Eyes!

You are going to want to pause the music on this post!

As sometimes happens in the flea carnival of my mind, today thoughts were firing quickly. I must tell you all that I frequently stop in my day to jot things down on a tablet, back of an envelope, sometimes things as simple as the words I wrote tonight watching a movie, "The Waitress." I confess it had absolutely nothing to do with trees. I paused and my wife looked at me and smiled, "go with it." I got up and grabbed a "Hello Kitty" purple notepad. I wrote the following:

Everybody loves trees.....


And somehow, it inspired my screwed up thought factory to throw the below listed into being. This poem expresses my thoughts, feelings, and memories of trees. I can only hope that my kids won't climb as I did so high up in trees where it would have taken a week to find me if I fell the 30 plus feet to my demise. Sound screwy to you? It is. But I must put it to paper! See if you can feel the wind.....See the beauty......Smell the leaves... as you read......."The Trees".

The Trees

I oft' ponder of arbor themes
How each flourishes, by water and sunbeam.
Yet so little each beckons from our hand
To transform the field and barren land.

Into shade, beauty, and timbering height
I pause, peer up through, i'm filled with delight.


As I towered their tangled branches as just a boy
and reached near the top, my anxiety blown to joy.

I ponder, wonder, and solve the great mystery
each ring in the trunk, a catalog of history.
These trees point upward to One, who's hand formed each limb
They are here to scream "Glory! Glory to Him!"


Jitters 12-30-07










Thanks to my brother for the picture of the beautiful fall trees from his wife's grandmother's property up north!



This small public service message for you all: I completed reviewing this post and thought to myself, "dude, you are wierd." Yes, I am. G.I. Joe says, "knowing is half the battle."

1 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

"The best laid plans of mice and men, somtimes go awry"... We start at A and get distracted and did not end on B...

I am referring to your calling...

The poetry is really great! the best laid plans, sometimes go awry...

its not to late...