Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Saturday, February 09, 2008

Gun Lake Winterfest 2008!

The ever popular bikini fashion show at Gun Lake Winterfest!!!!!!!














What can I say? A CELEBRATION OF Gun Lake, BARRY COUNTY STYLE! (enjoy the Indian Music)










I saw so many hillbillies such as this guy, with a custom stenciled jacket of his 1986 Chevy Truck.....

A SEGWAY rigged out as only those from Gun Lake could or would do! An offroad Segway!

The Daisy Mae's Chili Cook off......Hot and Tasty!




































Local Snowplowing.....



















Broom Ball Violence.....These guys took this game very seriously....



And best of all, I met this backwoods chainsawing woodcarving guy who made a custom carving for me! I present to you, THE FISHERMAN! Check out his poise and pride hoisting that fish! This will adorn my deck to greet all visitors!








The morning celebration was kicked off by none other than The Gun Lake Tribe's Indians with their festive traditional drum dance calling the residents to action!

And of course, the BARRY COUNTY SHERIFF POSSE brought their own party bus and "time out jail" to the setting....Notice the "no alcohol sign".....


















And what hillbilly festival would be complete without people jumping into the refreshingly freezing waters of Gun Lake?????

































I spotted this beauty preparing for the Polar Dip....Look at that outfit!
































My poor lake has never been this packed, well, at the county park anyway!
























































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i vote for the girl in the pink/white bikini....nice

Anonymous said...

OMGosh.. Em and I were there all day how did we not see you?? Were you hiding??Em was on stage and everything dang she didn't make your WINTERFEST TRIBUTE Blog.. Good representing though~ Lots of interesting people FO SHO!

HomemakerAng said...

#1. when are you going to take the polar bear plunge into Gun Lake? I am shocked you did not join in the fun...

#2. all i can say is that guy has guts to wear an outfit like that and be secure...

#3. i am not that fat after all seeing the girl in the black and white bikini, but then again, gotta give her some credit (good or bad i guess) for having the guts to parade in front of a crowd and in that! i guess she is secure too and good for her!

#4. love the wood carving! people sure are talented aren't they? cool!

Anonymous said...

what happened to the pictures of the bikini contestants? put the picture of the girl in pink and white back up. feel free to omit the black bikini instead.