Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Hillbilly


As I went out to get the mail today, I saw a Barry County Redneck Snowplow rig cleaning out the drive of TEAM T HEADQUARTERS. No, I don't have a snow plow contract.....I just happened to help this guy out this summer as I saw him and his son walking 3 miles home....


I went outside to greet him and offer my thanks....He was hesitant but allowed me to photograph him in his souped up 1982 Bronco II....It wasn't until I said, "Larry, would you mind if I took a picture of you and your snow plowin' rig?" that I saw his pride in this ol' machine beam through. I believe this pride is fairly evident in the bottom photograph....


I would offer to you that the fact this man is happy should be an example to us. I know where he lives and struggles to support his family.....I sometimes feel bad driving by and seeing the conditions they endure but know that it doesn't matter to him. I can still remember his glowing persona this summer as I stopped in and he had purchased this Bronco. He was absolutely glowing like a little kid. As he labored in welding this plow assembly together, it was so apparent to me that he doesn't need fancy cars and things to find satisfaction and to be whole in life.....A testament for us all to consider......A HAPPY HILLBILLY.....

0 comments: