Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Thursday, February 16, 2006


BUYING THE HYPE....















So maybe we slightly overestimated the storm....slightly.....you are looking at 186 bucks worth of WALMART PANICK PURCHASING....A kerosene heater, flashlights, propane and mantles for the lantern, and emergency candles......Heck, we've got 4 little kids and didn't want to chance it......




Let's talk about the hype......I was part of a Y2K mission that involved four cops to a car......we drove around and waited for midnight when everything was gonna crash....I distinctly remember large stacks of water, generators, Y2K Plan Response Initiative Outlines, and a bunch of riot helmet/gas mask touting cops that were pretty ornery and disappointed when nothing happened...but what I don't remember is even buying one extra can-good, any water, or a generator.....for some reason I just never bought the hype then......so tell me, WHY DID I GO SPEND 1.8 HUNDIE ON THIS STUFF BECAUSE CRAIG JAMES SAID THE WORLDS GONNA END TODAY???? Actually he said the power was gonna be out......

I must say, these disasters are always one big disappointment after another for me......I'm always bracing for the "BIG ONE" and it never comes......Is it wrong of me to hope I someday stand in my underwear on my front porch smokin' a cig and see a Michigan National Guard Unit roll by???

0 comments: