Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Tuesday, February 21, 2006

DENTIST HELL



MY FOUR HOUR DENTIST APPOINTMENT MARATHON!!!!!



What can I say, today I went for a "routine" crown to be put on a large rear tooth,,,and 1.5 hours later, I sensed their was a problem......And my sense of when things are going wrong at the dentist is pretty keen since this is what my teeth look like,





This is not my first dentist rodeo, folks......My loving caring dentist looked at me in his little white coat and said, "This is not going as planned." I carefully thought about my reply for about 1 1.2 seconds and said, "Wow, that's a surprise."




To understand what went wrong (other than it's my screwed up cursed teeth) I want you to review the following:




See the root on the left, imagine that I already had a root canal on the tooth....Now, when the ol DOC opened the tooth up today, he discovered that the $745 worth of work done during the root canal didn't solve the problem, and one of the roots was as decayed as a rope left in the dead sea since the disciples fished there several years ago...However, this made a huge problem, since the ol DOC had to use my roots to put POSTS into them to hold/support the crown.........here is my rendering of what needed to occur.....










However, me and the ol DOC decided that in order for the tooth hell to continue and make my screwed up mouth right, we had to put in the crown.......so...........the group decision was to cut the tooth in half, get down in my gums and make em messy, and get rid of the bad half........




45 minutes into this next adventure that seemed like the logical thing to do, I couldnt stop the tears streaming out of my eyes.....I never complained, never moved, I just sat there and took it.....After 45 minutes of what I would describe as what felt like somebody using an air nailer to shoot a 4" long drywall screw through my head, I raised my hand and said, "I'm really trying to be a trooper here but, man, can you help me with the pain?"



The well experienced well educated dentist replied in perfect dentist form, "You mean the pressure?" I thought to myself, "pressure....huh..." Then i invisioned pressure.....this is what popped in my head,





Then I thought about the pressure my small frame could exhibit with a BEAUTIFULLY PLACED FULL CHOKEHOLD on his neck......I wouldn't give him 4 seconds.......NIGHT NIGHT DOCTOR......SWEET DREAMS. I gathered my composure and said, "No doctor, it's not pressure....Pressure is what you feel when you are standing in front of your boss after being caught sleeping at work, or if you have ever stood in front of a firehose, I FEEL PAIN."

The good ol DOC proceeded to put shots in my gums, cheek, even my tongue.....I couldn't feel my face. He then resumed his work.......I never said anything to him, he just suddenly said, "I know this hurts. Unfortunately, I can't numb your jaw. Can you hang with me?" This is what I then invisioned.....





I replied as best I could with a fat numb tongue and mouth full of blood soaked spit, "LET'S JUST GET ER DONE, SHALL WE?"


The old DOC yanked and yanked and yanked. I finally asked him, "I got a good pair of Craftsman needle nose at home. Want me to go get em?" He pulled a shiny tool out of my mouth and said, "they probably look about like this?" See photo below: His tool, and My tool....


The final tally? Four hours in the "chair."........I now feel the following:

BRING IT ON! ANY OTHER PAIN HAS TO BE CHILDISH TO WHAT I FELT TODAY!

I STILL HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cannot even explain how hilariously funny you are and how bad my body hurts from laughing. YOUR MIND IS A TRIP! I love enjoying the ride with you too!
BIG SIS!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, this is absolutely hilarious........

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Dear Team T Mister,
You should definitely take your show on the road!
You are hilarious through a tough situation.
Lots of Love,
Grandma Team T