Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Thursday, February 23, 2006

YET ANOTHER SURPRISE AT MY DENTIST-YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT...


Today began where the last hell left off.......While at work on Wednesday around 6:29pm, I was chewing gum sitting in the group "role call" session. Just as the names of coworkers were being called, I remembered chewing gum was a no-no and quick took a couple more chews. I then discretely spit my gum out into my hand just before my name was called.

I must tell you that immediately during my sneaky gum-spit-out maneuver I felt something very odd. My mouth felt different, it felt LIGHTER than it did just a second before.....I looked down and you guessed it,

THERE WAS THE BRAND NEW CROWN, STICKING OUT OF MY GUM....

Oh no! It was just then that my Dentist's words echoed in my head, "JUST DON'T CHEW ANYTHING STICKY ON THAT SIDE."

A call to my wife, a call to the dentist late-night after hours I got a problem number and I was set for round two with TEETH FUN! WOOOOOOOOO!

So after work, 07:30, there I was, sitting in the parking lot of my dentist again.....I saw him pull in, not as fancy of a car as I had imagined.....Another detail surprised me, he had a loud muffler! Man, I'M STARTING TO LIKE THIS GUY! I always seem to have a loud muffler. And then, a life altering event occurred, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I saw him get out of his car. His face still puffy from sleeping, hair still wet from the shower, freshly shaven, little lunch box in hand......I thought of the "DENTIST HELL" post.......Could it possibly be, this guy is just like me.....Just like you.....Struggling to pay the bills, get to work, spend time at home, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE HE EVEN HAS TEETH HELL?

I waited a minute and went inside.

I saw him brewing a pot of coffee. Greeting the one employee that was there. He came in early JUST FOR ME since he knows I work third shift. He offered me a cup of coffee but told me I couldn't drink it 'til he was done. I saw him pour it for me, ask if I wanted cream or sugar......And I find myself staring at this guy....He's about my size, SMALL......HAS A WEDDING RING ON, SHAKES A LITTLE.....AND NOW I'M STARTING TO FEEL BAD....He tilts me back and fixes the tooth in a jiffy....Sits me back up, says, "here is your coffee." Now, this mythical monster of pain I always hated is sitting across from me.....He acts like he wants to say something.....I keep drinking the coffee....Neither of us say a word, I swallow it in four gulps. I say, "thanks so much." I wanted to say "I'm an ass. You aren't as evil as I thought." BUT IT GETS WORSE.....

I shake his hand, head toward the door when I hear him say, "Hey, almostgunlakers huh."


I FROZE, THEN SMILED AT HIM AND SAID, "ALMOST WHO?"











"JUST KIDDING, ALL IS TRUE BUT HIM SAYING "ALMOSTGUNLAKERS, HUH."







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i want to cry though...
big sis

i tried to answer phone but you hung up to quick, hope you have a better day, get some rest

Anonymous said...

I want my money....ALMOSTGUNLAKERS IS GOING TO A NO HIGGINS LAKER...XOXOX