Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Thursday, March 16, 2006

TRIBUTE TO 3RD SHIFTERS-CURRENT AND PAST

THIS POST A TRIBUTE TO THOSE WHO'S CIRCADIAN RYTHMS HAVE SOUNDED LIKE RETARDED DRUMS...
Well, here I sit.....Its 03:22 a.m. and I'm wide friggin awake......I watched a special on the Discovery Channel about "circadian rythms" and man were they right on. You see, our bodies react to something that comes up every day........Mr. Sun!
And then when it gets dark, our bodies tell us, it's time for bed......Somehow I've altered that little clock and now it doesn't know what to do......Some jobs call for odd hours I guess......
I sit and stare at my wife and dog sleeping peacefully and I think I should really be in bed since I have to go down to the ol' courthouse at 08:30......Oh, I'll be alright..........
Here's to putting on sunglasses on your drive home from work because the sun is coming up....better yet, here's to SPEEDING on the way home to get in BEFORE the sun comes up.....Here's to black trashbags taped over windows, firing up your grill at 4:30 a.m.......To sitting by yourself wide awake in a house of sleeping people, to setting your alarm to wake up at 4:30 in the afternoon.....knowing if you don't set it you might wake up at 6:30p.m..........To watching infomercials about stuff you would never even consider buying since every other channel is showing the same thing in the middle of the night........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is your arfie?

big sis

Anonymous said...

DUE MAN I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, WELL EXCEPT FOR THE WHOLE WATCHING THE WIFE SLEEP, I GUESS IN MY CASE IT WOULD BE THE GF BUT ALL THE SAME, YEA IT TAKES A CERTAIN KIND TO WORK THIRDS.

-CART BOY