Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Tuesday, May 16, 2006

WORK AWARD SUPPER......FANCY!

Today was a real treat........A fancy work award dinner at the AMWAY GRAND PLAZA HOTEl.

I shook hands and talked with so many people I never see, .....

You know, I had about 105 things on my mind....couldn't seem to shake em.....I really tried to focus and enjoy what was happening but was severely sidetracked.....

It was a beautiful presentation......AN ICY ROMAINE LETTUCE SALAD WITH HOMEADE BLUE CHEESE VINEGRATTE DRESSING, followed by PAN SEARED WALLEYE WITH HAGENZDASEN SAUCE (OR WAS IT DINKLESVAGEN?)and then a taaaaaasty crepe drizzled with chocolato sauce.......and RIP ROARING ASS AWESOME COFFEE......


the luxuriously sexy Pantlind Balllllroom.....I was informed tonight she's held several past and recent USA Presidents.....needless to say this ol Barry County Hillbilly seemed out of place.......

BUT I DIDN'T LOOK OUT OF PLACE! I would have you know that this suit is the same one I wore for my interview when I got hired 8 years ago......I had to concentrate on my weight for about a couple o' weeks to get back into fightin' shape to fit in this baby! I bought it at the now defunct ROGER'S DEPARTMENT STORE......Man did they have good service.......Hand Tailoring.....

Listening to trailer tell how he learned that Turkey Hunting on Mother's Day is not a good idea.......

Laughing as he showed me the "raincheck" he got his wife for Mother's Day for a 19 dollar birdfeeder with lights on it?

Me and Mrs TEAMT then stopped for a refreshing beverage at O'Tool'es.....As we left, we ran into several couples from work and stayed just long enough to have J. Garrettio spill his beer on my 8 year old suit......I'm just so happy I didn't kick out the footlights accidentally or fall onstage tonight!

Anyone that knows me will know that I really had to concentrate on maintaining composure and not laying my napkin on any burning candles or knocking over the ice sculpture display and getting impaled with the tusk on the seal.....


I received an award onstage tonight.....I wanted to be unique and knew that as a runner up I wouldn't be allotted time to speak......So.........



As I got up to the boss, onstage, instead of shaking his hand.......I stopped two foot short of his hand, click clacked my heels together.....tightened my posture, and snapped a beautiful three point salute to my eyebrow!........I held my stiff pose, Knowing I had drawn the rooms attention and was taking a chance on being severely embarrased if he didn't respond........He paused only briefly, snapped his heels together, and snapped a salute back at me!!!.........It was beautiful!

His final words to the crowd were, "Thank you all for your dedication to the citizens of our city, you have done well." He then began to step away from the microphone but turned right back toward it and said, "GOODNIGHT JITTERS!"

Goodnight boss....



And yes I really do drive with my leg/foot up on the windowsill.....What can I say, I'm flexible!


I arrived home to show the son my new plaque.....He approved.....



In closing, I tasted HARD WORK today..........Remember the "lost legacy" post I made about hard work? Well,

I TASTED HARD WORK TODAY, AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENTLY DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

you are to much! the picture of your son and the plaque says it all! Wifey looks BEAUTIFUL! I AM SCARED OF HER!!!!!! Congrats on your honor! AWESOME!! but, i am dying laughing and not thinking the bird house went over well!

Anonymous said...

First Congratulations on your hard work! I am proud of you.
Country Boy, it is good you have a classy wife to keep you in line. She is gorgeous! You clean up good!
Love,
Your Momma Team T