Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Good Times....The Free Life?



I can't imagine any have said it better than ol' Merle Haggard?

I'm talking about America....The fleecing of her....The decline of good ol' fashioned goodness.....

I see the erosion in my Barry County home as cars zoom by with rap music blasting inside so loud that it rattles my house....

I see crime at epic proportions.....Take my job out of the picture and I'll give you an example.....I was at Meijer recently and witnessed someone tucking numerous bottles of spirits in their jacket......I was so angered I followed them and watched them leave without paying.......I watched as store Security chased them across the parking lot and the bottles fell out of their jacket one by one.....Lousy sponging bastards....

I see the economy in ruins......The T.V. spouting rotten filth and homosexual promotion......I stand today and say, "I don't approve." I've never seen a male squirrel in the woods gettin' it on' with another male squirrel....It's not natural....

What happened to ol' rounded cars, cheap gas, cold winters with lots of snow and ice, the American dream, and the general (although not natural) attempt at goodness by man????....

What ever happened to getting up, going to work, and providing for your family? Althought most who read this blog do exactly that, a large portion of what we earn pays people to stay home, get fat, drive big new cars with big rims, and watch big t.v.s.......

I'm not talking about the ghetto, folks.....The overpowering evil in the ghetto has always flourished and always will.....It's generational decay that you and I will never fix.....I have learned to take the evil violence and unhuman acts of stupidity and violence for what they are......People acting like animals.....It's not natural to load the family up and go hang out at 4 in the morning while people blare music, use drugs, and shoot guns at eachother....I'll continue to run around with my buckets of anger water and extinguish the flames at each hot spot.....As long as they pay me anyway.....

In the meantime, I'll make my run at having peace in my life....Free of violence, and gore,and full of nature....I'll be sucking the marrow out of what God made, nature.....I will engulf and envelope my life with pursuit of God and what He has made for us to enjoy.....I'll continue to work even though I'd rather not.....I'll continue to work hard and play hard..... And enjoy a nip of a little fruit of the vine along the way....All the while, I'll deal with my 105 struggles on the inside...

In the mean time, let's review what was wrote about 30 years ago by Merle Haggard.......Right on and timely......

I wish a buck was still silver
And it was back, when the Country was strong.
Back before Elvis, and before the ol’ Vietnam war came along
Before the Beatles and yesterday, when a man could still work and still would.
Is the best of the Free Life behind us now? Are the good times really over for good?

Are we rollin’ downhill like a snowball headed for hell?
With no kind of chance for the flag and the Liberty bell.
I wish a Ford and Chevy would still last ten years like they should.
Is the best of the Free Life behind us now?
ARE THE GOOD TIMES REALLY OVER FOR GOOD?

I wish Coke was still cola
And a joint was a bad place to be
And it was back before Nixon lied to us all on tv.
Before microwave ovens, when a girl could still cook and chop wood.
Is the best of the Free Life behind us now?
Are the good times really over for good?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you and Merle more. This post really says it all.......
A.O.