Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Letdown in Turbo Tax Clothing!

Well folks, it is that time of year again.....Tax time! For me, the anxiety and excitement starts to build about New Years Eve...I think of all the possible fortunes I will be getting and how much a big chunk of cash will bolster my account.....Seeing that we have four kids, we always get money back.....This year was no different.....


(If you look close at the above picture-that's really only about $23.00...Quite timely to the turbo letdown!)

Just a few days ago I was walking around in the bitter cold at Neal's Truck Parts in Wyoming.
I was perusing through their large stock of busses and dreaming of one all decked out as the new TEAM T Motorhome. In my hand was the list of all available busses ranging from $1500 to $5000. I must say that I was pretty sure between my next 10-99'd check of whopper Ford Funeral overtime and my Turbo Tax Boon that I would be throwing a nicker nob on bus #90-D and wheelin' her home within a week or two. I was planning on seeing these new black boots pressing down on that big ol' bus throttle and making the maiden voyage to a parking spot next to my pole barn.

Turbo tax doesn't help either.....They always have pictures of smiling folks doing their taxes. Take this one for instance. She is obviously happy! Probably because she is here on a work visa and doesn't have any tax to pay! "That's right Dr. Jeebob, you are getting lots back!"

I believe these faux smiling models help propogate the turbo tax letdown I am facing once again this year.....






I sat down today and crunched the numbers with all the bills in hand. End result is that when all is said and done, its pizza night with movies at home and finishing the fireplace with the turbo tax letdown!

Oh well, we must be able to laugh at life and slap it on the butt as it throws us around on a day-to-day basis. Not always does it go how we wish, sometimes even better, but is life indeed.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon. .. -JITTERS TRANSLATION-"While you are walking around in the freezing cold in old busses with the price sheet in hand, you are dying buddy!" :)

0 comments: