Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pork Barrelling from Cow Dung Oil Mines


A series of numbers ran through my mind today and I was flabbergasted.....Throw this rant in my buckets of anger column.....

I noticed today that milk is $2.99 per gallon. Not too striking of a statement? Well, smoke this in your car tailpipe-gas is about $2.01 per gallon. What the samell? Since when does yanking on a nipple of a cow that you spent minimal money to feed so that milk squirts out cost more than gas? This is ridiculous.....


I have longed struggled with the concept of and ways to make my own gas, my own whiskey, and now I'm considering getting a couple cows. Strewn before me are yards of red tape, zoning ordinances, and hurdles to force me into purchasing items of which I have no control over the price....Almost makes you want to make your own self sufficient compound which eventually will attract too much attention and get you thrown in jail for......Perhaps when I retire? Imagine this, CAMP JITTERS. Housed inside is a farm, garden, small liquor still (with a permit from the ATF and local Fire Department).......Self sufficiency. Except I still haven't gotten a good answer on whether one can grow tobacco.....I am guessing not.....

In closing and to clarify- I like our country and our government......I just don't like standing behind the business end of a cow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

jitters, a little info for you. to get a heifer to give milk you must first breed her so you will also need a bull to feed...then, after it has a calf you will have 4 cows to feed.....and your feed must be of good enough quality to keep the cow producing good milk....so get a tractor and 40 acres....good luck farmer Gene.