Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I always fall into an affair each fall.....And I can't stop it!

Each fall, my longing turns to lust and I fall helplessly.....I'm talking about seeing junky trucks with campers, bargain camoflauge deals at 7-11 and Walmart, reading new deer hunting WINNING STRATEGIES books. It hasn't failed me yet, that ol' thorn in the flesh crops up each time the balmy summer air turns to crisp cool breezes....Pumpkins, dry and brown standing corn, Football, the smell of Thanksgiving, the leaves igniting into a blaze of lustful color.... I'm talkin' about deer hunting, turkeys, rabbit hunting, watching squirrels scurry to prepare for winter, countless hours in the woods and

Many a man who have died young have always said, "Nothing exceeds like excess!" So, I'm going to go "down that wrong road again" (song by Crystal Gayle) and indulge in this yearly cycle of infantile fantasy I have......White Trash Deer Hunting Camper Disease!!!!!!!!!!!

I unexpectantlay bursted into laughter after a long stint of too much extended work hours with little sleep....I was driving along the "divide" and passed this beauty in front of the "Army Store"....And suddenly, the disease kicked into full blown symptoms. I unwillingly swung that ol Ford Interceptor around and went back to indulge....

What a beauty! Just the perfect dosage for my illness of White Trash Deer Season Camper Disease! Truck has body damage.....

Very little ground clearance (3" max by my estimations) which would drive most consumers away....But in the full blown symptoms of the disease I am so blinded that I sluff it off with the old "I can fix that with some helper springs and new shocks." Yeah, ok Jiggers, did you know that this camper exceeds the manufacturers guidelines for the weight by triple?

Just when common sense, reason, and all the things that get in the way of real living step in to ruin everything, another stumbling block to fighting my disease and not having that affair steps in........Look at this! It's a bargain!


So, the end result? Did I buy it?




Nope. Took my reality pill and went home to go to bed. But the longing survives and the White Trash Deer Hunting Camper Disease continues! So much pondering on the way home.....I love my 1/2 hour drive....It is much needed wind down time...I often wonder if you can judge how much a person is at peace with themselves by how far they drive into work.....Short drive=accepting their situation. Long drive=Uneasy, needing that drive to "wind down".

I still tossed around that affair in my mind as I enjoyed the scenery on the way home.......The fantasy is not dead.





0 comments: