Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Friday, January 25, 2008

The Beginning!

For those of you who weren't here to experience the beginning and aren't patient enough to push "older post" on the bottom of this page about 40 times, I offer to you the first post ever on this blog! almost 2 years ago on February 16, 2006! Stand by for an ALMOSTGUNLAKERS DOUBLE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION ON OR NEAR FEBRUARY 16, 2008! SOME 400 POSTS LATER! A time of reflection, a time of wonder.......HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

In the realm of near beer, imitation cologne, and fake santa's at the mall, we are comin at ya with a peek into our lives...We are the folks who vainly answer the question of "WHERE DO YOU GUYS LIVE?" with "WE LIVE IN GUN LAKE"........and truth be told we live neither on or in Gun Lake........but we live close.....hence the title ALMOST GUNLAKERS!!!!!!!

Come on in, sit down, and be the "fly on the wall" as we struggle daily to keep the cupboards full, Consumer's Energy at bay, and the brown UPS truck frequently dropping off daily mood enhancers in neat brown boxes.....just to clarify, we don't use drugs......We do however often struggle with getting our happiness and sustenance from the right source.....and that source isn't material things.....

I must warn you that I'm opening the monster box of my mind......The monster is taking form! I can make no promises or guarantees however I can tell you that if you were able to take a ride through my mind on a tour bus, it would be somewhat of a conglomeration between a Flea Market, ER, and the movie "Alice in Wonderland"........Enjoy!

As a blog mood setter, here is what we believe:

We believe that Jesus is the son of God and that God sent His son to perish on the cross....Jesus then conquered death, beat hell, whipped satan's ass, and rose again.......We believe he lived and walked on this very earth probably near where crazy JIHADISTS are using shovels to bury landmines and blow themselves up next to the Humvees that I own 1/457th of ...and we believe that the above listed sacrifice makes its possible for us to be eternal inhabitants of a city that doesn't worry about hurricanes or politics, and isn't dependent on revenue sharing from Governor Granholm to keep the lights on......We believe God made it all, is in control of it all, and is RUNNING THE SHOW.....

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He Most certainly is -MJK

Anonymous said...

THE BEST OPENING STATEMENT IVE EVER HEARD..... ROCK ON