Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Tuesday, January 08, 2008

High School Memories

As you enjoy this song "Angel Eyes" by the Jeff Healey Band, I wish to remind you of two things:

The lead singer is blind.

This was the first song I ever danced to with a girl. And I will never forget it! High School!

**************************************UPDATE**********************************
I looked at the above post I wrote, and gotta tell ya, it doesn't even come close to explaining my thoughts here...So, let's put the "lazy blogger" aside, and open the magic box.....

Turn up the music, "Angel Eyes" by Jeff Healey. Come with me, will you? Back in time?

For me, with each line of the beautiful ballad, I can close my eyes and almost smell that gymnasium at Hudsonville High School. The dim lights, the zylar balloons that said "PROM!", the music beckoning in the background, and a floor filled with young kids, high schoolers...And now zoom into me, the smell of her hair as we danced back and forth so awkwardly, yet so beautifully....It was my first hands on glance of a woman.....The feeling of her body against mine, her arms on my shoulders, the smell of her perfume, the precious line of her neck and faux shiny jewelry necklace adorning her.....The soft glide of us dancing together.....How nervous I was, and how clammy her hands felt, and how absolutely wonderfuleriffic this body rushing feeling was......I had never experienced such a feeling....and from then on, I was encapsulated in my drive and pursuit of womankind. I can still feel the wobbling inside my soul of pure and utter magic.....The first time....I danced.....With a woman.....

This song always brings me back there....

0 comments: