Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! She needs a NAME!

Attention all GUNLAKER FANS! WE HAVE A MAYDAY! I need help naming this monster!

Look at the beautiful new Captain Jitters hat I found!





I have been inundated with requests for the specs on this baby so here it is!


Per iboats.com---->1983 Starcraft Boats CR221
This Starcraft inboard/outboard day cruiser has a aluminum hull, is 21.4 feet long and 90 inches wide at the widest point. The boat weighs approximately 1438 pounds with an empty fuel tank and without any gear or passengers.


It has:
-a LMS320 dual beam sonar/GPS Chartplotter
- trim tabs
- Happy Troller plate
- cuddy cabin with porta potty
- Marine Radio with weather channel guy I love listening to
- 120hp 4cyl engine
- auto/manual bilge
- cooler rack on back(needs work replaced)
- Lowrance GPS antenna
- full Canvas cabin enclosure
- front watertight escape hatch
- dual axle tandem trailer with surge breaks
- windshield wipers (no more "its raining" problems)
- build in net holders on port and starboard
- 28 gallon gas tank.

Here are the pics!

120hp Mercruiser 4cylinder! Bored out big!

Dual Battery control!


And here is the Mayday Radio!


Looking inward toward the aft portion.







Here are some photo's with the canopy canvas off! Look at all the room!










The biggest surprise of the purchase was that the guy listed "LOWRANCE" on the listing however, man was I shocked to see a Lowrance LMS320 with dual beam sonar AND GPS with a slot to upload maps of the lakes!




This view will become all too familiar to me starting in 1.5 months with some Brown Trout Trolling on Lake Michigan in March!

Rear View of the monster. Notice the trim tabs and cooler rack (which I am replacing-the wood has had it)



"Happy Troller Plate" which per the owner will bring her down to troll to 1.8mph. Drop the trim tabs and she will drop to 1.5mph. Add a drift sock to both sides and she will crawl at 1.0mph. PERFECT!

Side view of the canopy! Didn't snap her all the way as I don't want to stretch and rip the canvas in the cold!



The fishing area!

The monster!


Front view! Notice the big Lake Mayday windshield wipers!

See the Captain Jackass antenna up!


Spring Brown Trout cabin enclosure windows!



Here is the Mayday Microphone!




Looking out from inside the cutty cabin....


Built in ShitterPotty! No more Big Lake Shat Technique needed!

Looking down into cutty (cuddy?)



A great place for seasick puker naps! And naps with mama!


Um yeah, the COMMANCHE COMMANDER isn't gonna do the job I suspect! (since the boat dwarfs the frame snapping commanche)















Now the biggest quandry is what do I name her? Please comment and tell me what you think of these names or if you have an idea for one!

-The Rooster

-Outgunned (being that I am one man living with 5 women)

-C-Jitters

-Gunlaker

-Natalie (I think ships that have female names are good luck! Although it is bad luck to have a female aboard a commercial fishing vessel) This was the name I wanted to name a daughter and a nickname I've used that is dear to me.

-Jitters Obsession

-SS JITTERS

-comment on this post with name ideas (you can remain anonymous) and then we will have a vote to decide what to name her!

11 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

i like the SS Jitters or The Jitter Bug or Jitter Bugs for your whole family and then have 6 little bugs painted around the name for your family of 6...

Anonymous said...

Jitters is 10-42, 10-7, 10-96
slow troller
beer troller

Anonymous said...

lip ripper

Anonymous said...

I like "Earned Time Off" ....or just ETO.......

AmyO said...

Holy shit. I've never seen so many pictures of one boat in my life. Congratulations.

AmyO said...

I forgot my name...but you already said it...
"Obsession"

or

"OCD"

Anonymous said...

here's some more to ponder:
widow maker
comp time
tippin' scales
'eye dr.
lip'r rip'r

Anonymous said...

A cops boat for fishing?? How about THE HOOK ? I also like Jitterbug.
Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Skippppperrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Cooper Stalker"

"Sick Day"

"Chinless Business"

Anonymous said...

You preach about getting out there and living so how about "agua de vida" water of life.