Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Friday, October 13, 2006

New Job Update and Preparing for Port.

I woke up today and realized I have to get my ship in order before I pull it into port for what looks to be a long, everlasting winter. I felt like I needed to get everything in order. I kicked it off by grilling some salmon for breakfast.....

I drained the sprinkler system.

Changed out the screens for glass.

Now I just have to do a personal inventory of what stuff I want to keep and what I can get rid of that I've been hanging onto for too long.

The new job and hours have been a major adjustment and I really don't know what I'm doing. I am willing however, and where there's a will, there's a way. I listened to everyone at work when we got the snow saying their feet were cold on the walk in to work. Mine were toasty! It's all about keepin' moving!

I drove down to the lake today to see if it's freezing over yet.....No ice to show as of today. I'll keep you updated. Its a lot harder for me to get things done with a regular schedule.....I'm kind of an irregular person so having normal hours really throws me out of whack!

Good News! Today I got my training manual/application for being a MICHIGAN DNR HUNTER'S SAFETY INSTRUCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always had a fetish of working in the outdoors and since I don't want to wreck how much I love the outdoors by becoming a DNR Officer, I figured teaching and certifying people so that they could buy Michigan Hunting Licenses might fill the nitch! I'll update ya on this soon!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I am kind of lost right now trying to navigate around a whole different world than I'm used to.....After all, ITS LIGHT OUT! :)

0 comments: