Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Sunday, October 29, 2006

What We are All Looking For!-Here it is! The FINALE

For one of my brother in laws, this year I thought I would mix it up a little bit. You know, people drive all over the U.S. to see the WORLDS BIGGEST BOTTLE OF SYRUP, the only FULL SIZE PLANE INSIDE OF A RESTAURANT, all I'm saying is, people are mostly unsatisfied and unimpressed by their normal lives and daily existence. They want something exciting, hence we have CARNIVALS, CIRCUS, TELEVISION, FLASHING SIGNS, COTTON CANDY, BIG BRIGHT SEARCH LIGHTS ON THE TOP OF THE WAYLAND MCDONALDS(I actually exited there on the way home to see what was going on....Just hoping that if I pulled in somehow I would be crowned and given a gazillion dollars.....)......etc.


So, rather than just having yet another boring birthday for my brother in law, I decided to kick it up a notch...No, I didn't buy him anything expensive or spectacular, I simply played off that normal and fairly surface human desire to have something exciting happen!

So, I wrapped up a 4' long piece of wood and put a cardboard box on the end to add to the suspense.....and I carried it into the room like it weighed 75lbs. No, make that 105 lbs. Anyway, I sat it in the corner of the room and took a picture for you to examine....

Then I asked all those present what they thought it could be. I took in all the faces and glances that were obviously feeding off the possibilities this odd shaped poorly wrapped present could be. Was it an escape from financial woes? Was it the magic egg and once opened I would tell them I won the lottery and ALL THEIR PROBLEMS WERE OVER? Was it possibly matching ski poles wrapped with plane tickets to a far away destination? Was it somehow connected to a northern trip to the Mission Point Peninsula and a WINE SAMPLING TOUR?

Well, you get the idea......It was none of these...............................................And it was all of these................................................In their minds..........


And then it was dissapointment.


But for a fleeting few seconds, it was the realm of possibility.....It was what they wanted as a present......And for me------>it was all I've ever wanted......To see the light in someone's eyes that glows with passion of what they are embracing, hope of what they think they need (which they already have) to make it through the day.......

0 comments: