Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Friday, October 06, 2006

Paging all passengers for today's flight

(crackling loudspeaker heard throughout the airport in a calm re-assuring slow paced voice)
----->"Flight 87 departing from Grand Rapids, final boarding call. All passengers please report to the gate."..........................


"Repeating, This is the Final Call for Flight 87 leaving Grand Rapids Michigan today. Passengers, please make your way to the gate for departure."


I can only imagine the opening announcements once she was inside that plane, that feeling as the plane pushed her back into her seat, that warming calm of final peace; To look out the window and see all of what you know fading into the distance....

"I would like to congatulate all of you and welcome you to your final departure. We will be flying non-stop to everlasting glory in Heaven today. You will be arriving shortly into the plan God really had from the beginning. Please remember that sickness, crying, loneliness, hunger, bills, suffering, pain, agony, and worry, are all items not allowed on the flight or at the final destination. You will enjoy the personalized in-flight movie at your personal dvd screen. Today's feature is All the Best Moments of Your Life."

Grandma Pearl Dykstra made the gate today. She checked no bags or carry on's with her.......Here is what she said near the end. And I quote, "I'm going to see Jesus today. I'm ready.".......

Enjoy the flight Grandma.....Say hello to Grandpa Pete for me.

1 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

that was AWESOME put into a perspective like that... godspeed to Pearl...