Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Soul, Letting it Out

If you know me, you know that last summer I was a part of something that really changed my life. I will not ask you for anything more than to listen to me......Listen to my heart speak.....I'm not asking for anything else than for you to listen....(I most certainly am not asking for compassion or empathy. I had so many people who have helped me through all the bad parts and I have moved on)

My whole jumbled crazy thoughts about the incident were life altering. I have never experienced anything even close that altered my thinking as much. Nothing has ever invoked so much emotion in me.....In my soul. I have never been where I was that night....The all encompassing sensory override of that night pushed my brain to full functioning capacity...Why was I a part of it? Why did I have to experience that? I have an answer. Only now do I understand why.

You see, I believe there is so much going on here on earth than what meets the eye. So many times we miss it. We are part of a plan that is laid out before us by God of which we have no comprehension...It was only since that night that I truly understand what I must now do.

I passionately believe that each single event that is laid out in front of our path is planned. Each small coincidence, happening, or trivial detail we see, feel, hear, and experience is part of a script. Each opportunity, each event, is thrown in front of us for a purpose.

How have I changed? Just this past weekend was a small example of the EPIPHANY( defintion-A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization: "I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself" Frank Maier). As I sat across from Stumpy at a table at the Blarney Stone(a small nearby bar/restaraunt), I watched as time stood still. I glanced over at my wife and his, and it all hit me. I suddenly realized something, the words we exchanged were trivial but so important. They were thoughts and ideas coming from one living breathing individual to another. Our minds were firing and analyzing each word. We were experiencing LIFE. LIFE

Since that dark morning where my body was pushed to the limits of emotional overload, I was changed. Stay with me here. I have finally realized something. You must cherish each single event, incident, and decision thrown before your path. For today, as you read this, you ARE ALIVE. YOU ARE LIVING AND BREATHING. Do not second guess or discount any possibility or opportunity that is laid at your feet. For today, my friends, you have been offered the greatest gift, LIFE. Freedom to come and go as you will, freedom to choose as you wish. If you struggle with what is in front of your road today, realize THERE IS A REASON IT IS THERE.

I would challenge each of you to slow down, don't smell the roses, TASTE THEM. REACH OUT AND GRAB THE ROSE THORN AND POKE IT INTO YOUR FINGER. THE PAIN YOU FEEL IS A GIFT IN ITSELF, YOU ARE ALIVE! WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH YOUR DAY TODAY?

I know that I will not discount anything that comes in my path and I will embrace the roses laid at my feet in the path of life!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jitters, I do know exactly what you are talking about and I have experienced it. My whole world changed 8 years ago., I took life for granted and honestly thought I was in control of my life. After that August day I found my self go through life without "control." It took some time, like you, to realize that things happen for a reason. People are put in front of you a certain times of your life for a specific reason. The times may only be in passing or it may be a good friend. We are put in situations for some reason that we may not even understand. Since 2000 my life has been on "auto pilot." Not to say that I'm not in some type of control but I go where I am led and don't question why I'm going there. In our line of work its hard to understand how people (citizens) can get so worked up over such small things. Life is a gift, every breath you take is a gift, your spouse is a gift and your children are a gift. All should be treated as a "gift." we need to sit down over a beverage some time. Take care of yourself...Chico