Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Sunday, March 02, 2008

Do U Like Your Job?

Never underestimate people's desire not to work:

PASCO, Wash. - Sheriff's detectives in Franklin County said a man had his friend shoot him in the shoulder so he wouldn't have to go to work.
When he first spoke with deputies, Daniel Kuch told them he'd been the victim of a drive-by shooting while he was jogging Thursday. But detectives said Kuch later acknowledged that he asked a friend to shoot him so he could get some time off work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought of that one.
Mom T

DJ Alexander said...

Years ago when I lived in Detroit a high school friend of mine was working on the assembly line for one of the big three car companies.

He told me how he hated the job and how mind boring numb his job could get. he said one time he intentionally put his hand out in the path of a piece of glass.

the glass cut his hand and got time off of the line. shortly after that he quit the job. and at the time the job was a good paying job.

a good book about factory rats is
RIVETHEAD by ben hamper.

http://www.amazon.com/Rivethead-Tales-Assembly-Ben-Hamper/dp/0446394009/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2897125-7502506?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204559528&sr=8-1

if you want to read it, I got a copy. it is a classic!

Anonymous said...

I should have thought of this.
Sincerely,
C Allen Davis