Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Longing---For the Sea



Today I must speak of a fascination that weighs on my mind. I for some reason have this deep longing for the sea....The "BIG LAKE" as so many around here refer to it as....The Ocean....The depths, seagulls, old weathered sails and rough water worn ropes....Docks protruding out of the water with unshaken confidence that are weathered by the waves, sun, and wind....




I don't know what it is that attracts me....I know partially that it is the danger, the mystery, and the unknown of what is swimming around....I am in awe of the power that the mighty Lakes have stored in their murky depths...




I believe that if I could find a way to be on the water more, I would never grow tired of her beauty, of her power, and the majesty of the powerful waves....




The movie "Perfect Storm" encapsulates all of my lust and longing for the sea....The DANGER....THE PURE ECSTASY AND RAGING ENJOYMENT of the deep blue ocean.....Tis what I long for....The sea....



During the movie, this poor soul struggles and waits anxiously for her love to return....She works tirelessly to make a home for them with the means she has at her disposal... What a great movie...Moreover, what a mystery the sea holds.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jitters,
That is a great movie!
Take it from the Captain!