Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Last Ride

Ok, this is the last sappy BADGER post....



Tonight, as I sat in my blog chair, I began to panic....I realized that soon the beautiful BADGER would be gone...I jumped up, went into my closet, and donned my fishing gear....I HAD TO RUN TO HER! I loaded her up and off onto the lake.....




This may sound goofy, but this Bryan Adams song describes my feelings for this boat...And since boats are considered female, it APPLIES!




Had to say my goodbye's.....Pulled out into the middle of the lake, and shut her off....She ran great by the way....I sat with the motor off and floated listening to the peace of the night, the soft wind, and marvelled at the beauty of the stars and the moon.....

A couple ducks stopped to say goodbye to her as well.....
I loafed on the front deck and rode on the bow while the boat was in gear and felt so free as obviously, since I was alone, NOBODY WAS STEARING (only idling). What a free feeling to coast along with the waves gently lapping against the boat while the wind blew in my face...

I even stretched out in the galley reading this years DNR fishing guide....I let the soft waves rock me and enjoyed every second of it....I had my new Kid Rock CD playing...

Goodbye BADGER....Since I never mounted the name to the boat, it will go on the next one I get....Whenever that may be in the future....But IT WILL BE.

5 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

"You do your work the best that you can
you put one foot in front of the other
life comes in waves and makes *its* demands
you hold on as well as *you're* able

You've been here for a long long time

Hope has a way of turning *its* face to you
just when you least expect it
you walk in a room
you look out a window
and something there leaves you breathless
you say to yourself
it's been a while since I felt this
but it feels like it might be hope

It's hard to recall what blew out the flame
it's been dark since you can remember
you talk it all through to find it a name
as days go on by without number

You've been here for a long long time

Hope has a way of turning *its* face to you
just when you least expect it
you walk in a room
you look out a window
and something there leaves you breathless
you say to yourself
it's been a while since I felt this
but it feels like it might be hope

SARA GROVES "It might be hope" look her up on project playlist and listen to this great one... all of hers are awesome... You are too
with much love
xoxoxo Ang

HomemakerAng said...

did you like it?...

GRPOA said...

The song is great! The ride was awesome! The feeling of it being the last ride, well, can't wait for the next boat.

jitters

DJ Alexander said...

Jitters + team tobin,

Boy I just don't know what to say. I am sorry about Badger one. I am a firm believer in the theory that:

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

Badger two will be better, bigger and BADDER. Maybe the new name could be:::

BADDER BADGER

Your blog on your dad hit a note with me. My father who is now 75 years old worked HARD his whole entire life. He was a lifelong journeyman pipefitter and was climbing steel 100 feet in the air in his 60's. He worked a tremendous amount of overtime to put food on the table, have us graduate from catholic schools, put braces on our teeth, and generally provide us with things he never had while growing up.

If I took that leadership class-my speech would be about my father who is my hero. I didn't realize it when I was younger. But as the years race by, I appreciate him more and more for the sacrifices he made for his four kids and wife over his life time.

So a word of advice to people out there with dads who are still with them. Sit down with your dad and tell them how much you appreciate them. I know I am lucky to have been able to tell my dad I love him and I appreciate everything he has done for me.

DJ

Anonymous said...

I am praying it doesn't sell. Let the bills pile up...