Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Monday, April 14, 2008

A Walk Through My Mind-WARNING! YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE WHAT YOU SEE!

I often wonder why I was given this mind. Why I have all these racing thoughts of wonder and so many things going on all at once. I so wish I could let you lay your hand on my forehead, close your eyes, and have my mind feed yours with all the thoughts that rage inside constantly.

I have such strong visions of life, goals, dreams, and desires. Words can hardly describe how vivid my imagination is. This all seems to be very taxing at times to me however the strikingly precise detail I can recall memories is so intense. I merely close my eyes and imagine, and I am there.

Clear your mind of all your thoughts and take a walk with me a moment...Take a deep breath, let out all your stress, frustration, and worry.....Now come with me, INTO MY MIND....

As you step down from the last step into the basement, the first thing you notice is the soft smell of a pipe, just like your grandfathers, filling the room with that peaceful aroma. As you gander around, it appears like the basement of an inventor with boxes stacked to the ceiling in an array of clutter. Look there on that shelf, can you see all of the 1/2 finished projects that at one time were being worked on with such fever that sleep was lost and other chores were abandoned? And now, they collect dust and make my stomach turn even to look and see the scatter brained picture painted with all of their unfinished splendor.

I see one shelf that seems to be abandoned and stuffed into the corner. This area of the basement is dimly lit. One of the boxes is taped shut tightly with an excess of tape and the black permanent writing on the side says "bad memories, poor decisions, should haves." The box appears as though it gets opened only occasionally and briefly, and things are shoved inside only to be revisited with seldom regularity.

If you focus toward the center of the room, you will see a raised table which has several bright lights shining down onto it. The table is made of wood and appears to be worn yet is a bright color of wood. It is completely clear of obstructions. The glowing beam of the light shines down on this area which is in such stark contrast to the rest of the room. And underneath that warm yellow glow, sits the current project. At first glance it appears to be nothing, just a pile of colored soft pieces of cloth strewn in a pile. But as you get closer, you see the pieces are arranged in such delicate precision it appears almost to be art-like. The red hue of these satin pieces sit atop a hand carved and painted stem of wood. It is very apparent that the person who works in this shop is paying close attention solely to this project. A quick look to the floor reveals a large group of obviously discarded pieces of the same cloth. You wonder how so much could be wasted as you scan the piles. And then, as you step up to the table, you realize what all the mess is about. It is a beautiful hand-crafted rose. Its soft red petals appear to almost be full of life and fresh dew. The stem is so lifelike and you reach out to touch the thorn with your finger extended until you feel that familiar pinch of pain poking into your skin. Your face now shows a soft smile, and you now realize something. All of the clutter and confusion in this shop is that of a crazy man. But a talented inventor at the least.

WOW. Just for you to understand and see into my goofy mind, I closed my eyes and began typing. I tried to imagine what it looks like in my mind. I began looking around and describing to you what I saw... I must also tell you that as I walked toward the table, I didn't know what was under the light, I just let this CRAZY MIND of mine dictate what was on that table. COULD YOU SEE THE ROOM AND THE TABLE? COULD YOU FEEL IT?

The only thing I must add for you to experience it all is that the room is also filled with something else, the sound of soft music which you are listening to now....You see, my mind is a peaceful place for me where I can go and shut out the world, and work on my "projects". I have found no other place where I am so free to push all the clutter aside and focus on today......Whether it be a beautiful rose, or a half built scheme of a big school bus made into a camper....

And today, my mind wanted to have a rose on that table. And now that I have been able to take a trip into that room with you and look at the rose, maybe you have a little better idea of what goes on in my head! Its a mess but its got potential!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Have you hugged your pyschiatrist today? I think you may need to . . .