Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Monday, December 11, 2006

Buckets of Anger

Tonight I finally had all I needed to finish the mechanical portion of the fireplace. 12' of double wall pipe, 7 tubes of fireproof caulk, flashing, a spark arrestor chimney cap, storm collar, nails, a hammer, and a bunch of "git-r-done" worked up in my head. I also had a sawzall.


So after I cut a hole in the roof of my chimney cap just big enough for the operation to be completed, challenge #1 began. RAIN.

Challenge #2: I placed the double wall chimney pipe on the fireplace per the instructions. It snapped into place beautifully. I must tell you it didn't look right, however. Anyhow, it is just like my stubborn self to argue with the directions if they don't appear right. After all, I'm smarter than a fireplace manufacturer. So I began to "work" with the pipe until I realized it was not fitting in the way I thought it should.


Here is the tally:

12' of double wall pipe from Menards: $127.00.

Gas for three round trips to Menards in 1992 Jeep Commanche Commander 4x4: $37.00

Getting poked back by nails sticking into chimney chase as I climbed up it with no ladder: Free.

Getting soaked while standing on roof in pouring rain at 10:30pm trying to figure out chimney pipe: Free.

Losing temper and standing in the rain in my underwear bending the life out of chimney pipe and smashing it in the backyard to relieve frustration: Priceless.

Here is the bucket I put in the fireplace to catch the water because there is no chimney pipe as of yet when you look upward from the flue............BUCKETS OF ANGER.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, if this picture doesn't say "I'll kick your ass, I don't know what does."

Anonymous said...

Anger management