Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Gun Lake Mystery




So, one very recent day I walk out in my slippers and boxer shorts to have a ciggie in the morning with my cup of coffee on the front porch..(wife advised against my better judgement not to include the picture)...Now, much to my surprise, I look out on the AVON mailbox we have on the half moon of our circle driveway and what do I see????

A fresh Grand Rapids Press hanging from the box.....hmmmmm. Did the wife order the Grand Rapids Fish Wrap? I cancelled long ago after they beat up on local popo departments with unfair articles. I walked out into the frigid morning air and snatched that fat Sunday edition off the box and stomped out my cig.....I then went in the house and asked her. The answer was NO!

Huh. That's odd. We didn't order the Press.....Must have been a mistake today.......However....The mystery continues and is growing as for several days after, A FRESH NEW PAPER IS HANGING ON THE BOX.....!!!!?????

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Quite timely as the Team T Fireplace needs newspaper to get rollin'......But I gotta believe one of my neighbors is getting jipped and not getting a paper.....Hmmmmmm.

Well. It has gotten worse. As I backed out of the driveway for work several days ago, I was shocked to see the following:


A new Grand Rapids Press box had been installed....(Also notice the mangled mailbox that has been the target of vandals and the one Barry County SnowPlow who continually knocks her down. I REFUSE to purchase another one and simply keep a hammer handy so I can nail her back on. I'm actually contemplating on putting a plastic clothes basket or drywall screwing a Coleman cooler on the mailbox post) Now I'm wondering what is going on? Either someone out in almostgunlakerfanland is playing with us, or some PRESS CARRIER IS GOING TO BE IN BIG TROUBLE WHEN IT ALL GETS FIGURED OUT......


Do I call them and tell them I'm getting the paper for free and never ordered it? Do I wait and see if I get a bill? A GUN LAKE MYSTERY......YOU MAKE THE CALL!

To heighten the mystery, I must quickly tell you of a Gun Lake area legend: Don't be alarmed, but the Grand Rapids Press Box Installer Elves are known to frequent the area after dark....Here is one that was captured in the mid 1970's......


Wiley vicious little bastards and I wouldn't hesitate to pull out the single shot 12 gauge and level one of em' as they reproduce at an alarming rate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its actually a tree that was planted and it grows leaves that are papers on a daily basis. You are doing nothing wrong, my neighbor has one too and somedays I pick the tree before she has a chance to prune it. cc

DJ Alexander said...

the grand rapids enquirer
the grand rapids fish wrap

King Lloyd and his paper.... it is the worst paper I have ever read.

the community would be better served by another paper coming into town. some competition for the press.

I wouldn't line the bottom of a bird cage with that rag.

Cheers, DJ