Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

For any of you between the ages of about 28 and 35, (its my blog, I can type numbers in number format and not spell them out per grammar rules) do I have a treat for you!!!? Want to have a little flashback to the 80's?


Well almostgunlaker fans, I present the TRAPPER KEEPER!

Oh these were a hot item! I believe I had one with the A-Team van on it......Did you have one? Man I remember getting pumped up for school to start and going with my mom, brother, and sister to Kmart or Meijer Thrifty Acres and gettin' a hot new spiffy TRAPPER KEEPER! MAN THOSE THINGS ROCKED!

Here is the Wikipedia definition:

"A Trapper Keeper is a brand of loose-leaf binder created by Mead. Popular with students of all grades in the United States and parts of Latin America during the 1980s and early 1990s, it featured sliding plastic rings (instead of standard snap-closed metal binder rings), folders and pockets to keep schoolwork and papers, and a wraparound flap with a Velcro closure but originally had a metal snap closure. They usually came with a theme, like a cartoon, tv show, or video game (e.g. The Sonic the Hedgehog Trapper Keeper).
It was called the "Trapper Keeper" because it was sold in combination with pocket folders designed by Mead called "Trappers". Trappers were different from other pocket folders in that the pockets' three sides connected with the bottom, outside edge, and top, as opposed to the bottom, outside edge, and spine of most pocket folders. This design prevented papers from coming out of the Trapper's pockets when it was closed. Trappers had standard three-hole punches in them so that they could be put in any notebook, including the Trapper Keeper."

Life is made up of simple little pleasures.........THE TRAPPER KEEPER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt Trapperkeeper shopping was a glorios day. I believe my favorite was a Marble Madness (old NES game) pictorial with 3D art and multi colors.cc

Anonymous said...

What about the infamous snapper-trapper-keeper? I don't see any pics or bio's on that strange must-have item!!! ???