Big Bucks!

Big Bucks!

Quote for the Day

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99
I am not afraid of storms as I am learning to sail my ship...

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/louisamaya104679.html#CVIeiGvpQvsIJvdR.99I


Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"The Slippery Slope" and a Twisty Hell Have Enraged My Buckets of Anger!

As my ethics training at work suggests, small acts of ill or failure to do the right thing lead us down the slippery slope to debauchery.......Acts of ommission can cause great troubles in our lives.....As my sister put on her blog this photo:

A shovel leaned against a tree (sin) grows into our life......




So, where am I going here. Well, I wanted to make a good introduction to these damn twisty things that someone began putting on toys in their packaging in the last few years that have become the misery of all parents at Christmas and birthday time.....I'm talking about the twisty ties that are now standard equipment on all toys.....I know, really no connection but the title is catchy, "The Slippery Slope and a Twisty Hell"......It's a combination of ethics and my buckets of anger.....The constant resistance that life throws at us....Everything resists the easy flow.....Cars breakdown.....Things in our house break....Bills keep coming.....Illness.....Boat motors won't start, knobs dissapear off cabinets......etc.....



Anyway, about these evil little twisty things installed on toys now..I can't figure out the purpose.....To keep things looking good for display? I doubt it.....I suspect in this "global economy" that these twisty ties are made on purpose to last the long boat ride from China as most of our gross product comes from there....We can't have a Care Bear upside down with it's hand on it's groin when it arrives to be put on the Walmart shelf......Oh no, we in America wouldn't tolerate a Barbie doll doing the splits over top of the Ken doll in a package because the El Nino made for rough seas on the ride.....(notice the gray China twistie around the neck that held this little baby firmly in the package in 10-12 foot seas....).

So HERE'S WHAT WE GET TO DEAL WITH! OVERUSE OF TWISTIES!

We have settled on getting CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and the slippery slope has thrown us into a pile of twisty wires wrapped around all toys at the end of the slide chute! A small easy "I want the cheapest Walmart toys" has landed us into a TWISTY HELL!.....


Hope I don't end up looking up like this.....Perhaps it's time to move the shovel.....


.

1 comments:

motherof4girls said...

I am so sick of undoing those twistys. I am glad that I have finished the last one.